Bed and Breakfast Industry
“There may be many great photographers out there but I must say that Bill and Robin were like working with old friends. They avoided interfering with the operation of the business and offered many suggestions for telling the story we as innkeepers sometimes never see.” ~Nancy Noll, The Queen, A Victorian B&B
Face it, first impressions are everything! Rich and compelling visual content will stop your guests in their tracks. If your guest is not enticed to read on, you have lost them to the competitor with the more appealing images of their Inn.
The Bed and Breakfast Industry needs first class imagery
As you are aware, we live in an age where people want instant access to information and bed & breakfasts are no exception. When a guest begins their search, they may know the area they want, but that is only beginning of the many decisions they will have to make!
A Google search brings a guest to your home page, but what impact will your website have? If it does not have warm, inviting images popping off the page, then not much!
MidAtlantic Photographic is fully aware of the importance of first class imagery. The investment you make in us needs to return dividends that help you reap the rewards of first class advertising and branding. Let us tell you more of our story!
Cost of Photography?
Professional Photography may not be cheap, but neither is the image you want to create! At the same time, we realize you have a budget, and therefore, we provide a variety of options. You will receive numerous artistic images, giving you maximum flexibility to use different photographs on your website, brochures, blogs, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and media campaigns.
All shoots feature Robin Sommer and Bill Rettberg, a husband and wife team of full time professional photographers with a combined experience level of 69 years!
Guest Room Photography
Guest Room Photography is $150 for each room. This includes the angles that best represent the feel of your room, however, size and shape of the room will determine the number of images we create.
Suites or multi-room accommodations, add $100.
Cottages….price determined by number of rooms and levels
360 Degree Photos
If you want your guests to explore your inn as if they were there, 360 Degree Photos can answer all your guest’s questions about the room they want to book. A 360 image is created from the middle of the room. When this image is added to your room’s website, your guest can “look” up, down, left, right and anywhere in between. 360 Degree photos are the next best thing to being there, adding confidence to your guest’s decision to book your inn.
360 degree view photo of room, $50 added to each room’s cost.
Common Areas and Exteriors
Common Areas are $150 per location.
Day Exterior Shots, $150
Evening Exterior Shots, if possible, are $150
Video Interview of innkeepers, 3 minute max. edited, $425
Food Photography: Images of featured dish, close up table settings with food in place, $150
Area Attractions Package
3 area highlights in your immediate area that would help draw guests to your inn, $325
Post Production Cost
Post production work includes all retouching necessary to enhance each image and may include removal of wires and cords, distracting shadows, color corrections and delivery of digital files to you and your webmaster, $400
Terms and Delivery of Images
You receive a finished high resolution DVD or flash drive of all images taken, with all rights for reproduction released to you. We will also upload to Dropbox and link to your webmaster if requested.
Travel cost, if applicable, will be assessed at the time of quote. Overnight accommodations at the inn or for accommodations in the area are required since most shoots stretch over a two day period. Travel may include airfare and expenses.
A deposit of $250 is required with the contract to hold our time at your B&B.
Final payment is due before your portfolio is delivered. Most portfolios are finalized within 3 days of your photo shoot!
Rights to Reproduction, License and Usage and Third Party Usage:
Data is embedded in each image conveying all Rights to Reproduction to you and your assigns for use of your digital files electronically and in print for any purpose you determine. You may use your images in perpetuity unless otherwise specified. By embedding this information in each image, you should never have to contact us before sending your images to a printer or webmaster. You own all rights to your library of images.
Third Party Usage is a term often heard in association with intellectual property such as, photography. A third party would be someone not associated with your inn, such as a supplier. For instance, a bakery supplier to you inn sees one of our images featuring their product. They wish to use the image in their marketing materials. You can not give that digital file to the baker without our permission. Generally we will happily grant permission.
Set Up and Prep
- To make the most of our service, and to ensure that the investment you make in us reaps the benefits you expect, please read the following guidelines and suggestions.
- Make guests aware that photography is being done on the premises.
- Schedule your shoot for the slowest day of the week, if possible. If you want to feature outdoor scenes, think about the time of year or day that your Inn shows best.
- Make sure the rooms are clean and feature any amenities that will enhance the images.
- Lighting conditions may necessitate that the photography be done at certain times of the day.
- Allow one hour per room for the photography. Generally we create as many images as needed to show all of the features of the room.
- If heavy objects require moving, we would ask that a member of your staff assist.
- You or a member of your staff should be available during the shoot in case we have questions, or need permission to move items.
- Props are great to enhance the viewing experience. Think about what makes your brand unique, and feature it throughout the Inn.
- Additional time may be needed if rooms are occupied or unavailable during our shoot. For exterior shooting, additional time may be needed if weather conditions are unacceptable.
- Food photography would be created prior to guest seating, so please factor this into your morning plan. Any Signature dishes should be featured and should be presented as is typical.
- You may consider using models in certain shots. We will work with you and your models to stage and pose, as well as, obtain all necessary model releases. A Sample Model Release by PPA can be downloaded here.
Please contact us to discuss your ideas for photography of your inn. We would be happy to have a conversation!